Friday, February 28, 2020

SONGS


Since my film opening is going to be like a memory recollection I want to incorporate a song that can give that nostalgic feeling, but at the same time can express the sense of "not being able to live without THAT person," since my main character is going to be more emotionally dependent on the other. 

Now, I have some options that I feel that each will establish a totally different tone for the movie... 
  • Walking on sunshine - I'm walking on sunshine, whoaaaa. This song gives me the feeling of a more energetic and goofy movie. At the beginning when the recollection of memories of the two characters is passing, I feel it would be a good background song because it gives that joyful feeling that correlates with the relationship between the two characters.

  • Sunflower - "I want to know. Where I can go. When you're not around. And I'm feeling down. So won't you stay for a moment? So I can say. I, I need you so. Cause right now you know." The lyrics on this song helps the idea of the vitality of each person in their friendship. In addition, the rhythm of the beginning of the song helps convey the sense of a recollection of memories, it gives a nostalgic yet not so calm melody. 

  • All Star - I also considered this song because... Because I felt like it was a good fit for two friends and it would be perfect to represent the goofiness of their friendship,  but the tone of the movie I feel like it would completely change. Also, the beginning of the song "somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me. I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed" I think fits the main character though he is not somebody who goes after what he wants, nor do much to get where he wants.
  • Mr. Blue sky"Runnin' down the avenue. See how the sun shines brightly in the city" I feel like this song also represents a little of the relationship between the two characters. Is an energetic and happy song, and for this I feel like it would make it more difficult for me to do the recollection of memories because it would have to be at a fast pace and quick shots.   

  • You're my best friendOh, you're the best friend that I ever had I've been with you such a long timeee. The tittle of the song gives it away, I chose this song because 1. Queen is one of my favorite bands, 2. It represents what the main character tries to express to the other character, and 3. I feel it also fits that nostalgic recollection of memories. 
  • Happy TogetherI can't see me lovin' nobody but you for all my lifeeee. In a non-romantic way I think this song can also represent a friendship like the one the two characters have and just fits as a good happy nostalgic song for the film opening.









No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR! My eyes hurt from editing, enjoy <3 Click also here to see my ccr Okay, bye, that's all