Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Editing

Ah, the struggle 

Editing the video was one of the most complicated parts, I was using Wevideo as the primary editing software. Although it is easy to use, it doesn't have some advanced editing options that I was looking for, so I ended up asking for help from my cousin's husband, apart from having Premier he is a pro in editing. I actually gave him leeway on editing after I showed him the basic idea of the concept that I had, I, of course, explained to him what I was going for and what I needed to be done, he proceeded to edit the video. On the other hand, I did another like 2 edits to have candidates for the final product just because I wasn't 100% happy with how it was coming together.
I'm gonna attach a video here for you to see one of the candidates, disclaimer this one is not the final project.




Now, for the actual final project, I used Wevideo but I had to do just layers and layers of video, text, and audio. Because this software doesn't have the option of adding a shadow to the text, I created it by doing two layers one in front of the other, one with the actual text and the other one with a dark color. 


Also, in the version above you can hear the rock version of Happy Together in the middle, I decided to take it out because the only purpose I decided to include it was because Brandon, the main character, is really passionate about rock, and after hearing it how it was in the video I felt it was just out of place so I took it out. I also came across the problem of not being able to separate the two bedrooms, so when it goes to the shots in Thomas' bedroom I changed the temperature, the tint, and the lighting to make it more obscure.
At the end of the day, and after hours in front of the screen, I'm really happy how it came out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR! My eyes hurt from editing, enjoy <3 Click also here to see my ccr Okay, bye, that's all