Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Song request!!!!!

So I've decided to request 3 songs: Happy together, Sunflower, and other one that I haven't decided yet but is going to be copyright free.

Good thing I already have the good to go for Sunflower. BUT it was a headache to get the licensing, I had to:
-Go to the FAQ section of Sony records and look for a website or phone number
-The website didn't work,I thought it was me at first but then I found out that it was deactivated
-Then, I had to send an email to general concerns, which I did get a response. They sent me two emails, one with a waiting number, and the other one had the website link (which didn't work) and two phone numbers. One for non-profit, me, and the other one for commercial stuff. 
-Then the next day I tried to call again and I got the email that I wanted initially. So I wrote them
-In less than an hour got a response back telling me that I could use the song :)

-This was in the course of two days, so it was something like
9am: investigate Sony Records website
10am: after not finding anything, sending an email to general requests
5pm: getting the two emails, calling the phone numbers, clicking in the website that I knew it wasn't going to work because I previously tried. I even asked Mrs. Stoklosa if I was getting scammed  
6pm: Nobody answered after like 6 calls, so I left a message
The next day...
3pm: Called again (I'm intense, I know) but they answered! And I got into the mood of Karen, get me your manager (not really), but I finally got the email for the licensing request. 
4pm: Got a response back saying that they didn't have the copyright for that song but I could use it if give them credit
4:01pm: :)





Other than that, I'm still waiting for the response from the Turtles and still trying to find a copyright song just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR! My eyes hurt from editing, enjoy <3 Click also here to see my ccr Okay, bye, that's all