Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Storyboard(ing)

Here's my first idea for the opening, is the resumed version but the concept of it is clear. It opens with a pan of the portraits of the two of them hanging on the wall as it goes down. Then, a shot of the two of them vibing and dancing in the kitchen while one of them does the dishes. A series of close-ups and mid-shots of them dancing later is shown as the door knocks, Brandon stops the music and goes to open the door. Then, a third actor Sara, which would have been me, appears at the door with English history books to do a project for the Literature class at their university. "Ready to do the project, Brandon?" I say to him, to which he responds "Yeah yeah, come in, I just want you to meet someone first. Sara, I want you to meet Thomas." Then a shot of the house empty is shown to demonstrate the idea of Thomas being imaginary. In the end, a mid-shot of Sara confused on the left third and on the right third the movie title "1+1≠2"




On the second storyboard, it would be more focused on the objects that they have representing them. For Brandon, it would be his posters, all the pictures with Thomas, a ball because he likes to play football, a guitar, all his clothes spread in his room along with his shoes and stuff. Then Thomas' room with nothing because well, he's imaginary. This idea is an alternative to the first one, it has just a little presence of the main actor in case I am not able to film Jose (Brandon).


Now, due to social distancing, I can't go over to my location nor film with my actors. I have some ideas to resolve my problem:
  •  I can do the second idea, but I would have to change the actor or I could do my makeup to make me look like Jose. 
  • To do the second idea I could also ask Jose to film the bathroom scene at his house, the problem with this idea is that I wouldn't have control over the way it is shoot. 
  •  For the first idea, it would require a lot of editing, but it could be done if I ask Leo and Jose to film the scenes by giving them specific directions.















No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR! My eyes hurt from editing, enjoy <3 Click also here to see my ccr Okay, bye, that's all